- Posted September 4th 2017:
UDPK Vacancy Announcement for the position of UDPK/08/17-01: ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
The United Disabled Person of Kenya (UDPK) is a Federation of Organizations of persons with disabilities in Kenya that was formed in 1989. UDPK’s mission is to advocate for inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of development. UDPK wishes to recruit a qualified person for the following vacant position.
UDPK has identified the need to recruit an Administrative and Logistics Assistant to work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer in Nairobi to enhance the Administration and Logistics department’s delivery of services by ensuring smooth running of logistic activities, administration activities and management of stock movement in compliance with UDPK’s internal regulations. The Administrative and Logistics Assistant is to contribute to a variety of administrative and logistics activities by assisting the administration department met the deadlines that have been stipulated.
PLANNED ACTIVITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
The Administrative and Logistics Assistant will work closely with and report directly to the Finance and Administration Officer. He /she will be directly contributing in the following activities;
Ensuring the logistic functions serve project needs in accordance with UDPK’S procedures by:
- • Participating in the raising of Purchase Service Requests (PSR) by adhering to the laid down commitment of expenditure procedures for review by the Finance and Administration Officer
- • Ensuring all purchase files are properly kept and they contain all necessary support documentation
- • Implementation of the equipment and stores management and maintenance to ensure proper monitoring and usage
- • Supporting the monitoring of fleet of vehicles and monitor the vehicle movement schedule and the monthly report sheet.
- • Liaising with the regional program coordinators for follow up to report on site activities, plan of purchases and/or any other issues that need to be managed between the field and the main office.
- • Supporting the implementation of front office functions
- • Efficiency in the administration and logistics office
- • Proper and efficient usage of the fleet of vehicles
- • Proper adherence to laid down procedures and deadlines and effective filing of logistical documents
- • Understanding of the functioning of the administration and logistics department
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
- • Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies/ Office management and/or any other relevant field with practical experience in a busy logistics office for a period of at least 2years
- • At least possess CPA part I
- • Preferably possess a driving license and 1-year driving experience
- • Preferably at least 2 years’ experience working with an NGO
- • Should possess organization skills, be a team player, pay attention to details and be cost conscious.
UDPK is an equal opportunity employer. Any qualified interested persons are encouraged to apply by submitting, an application letter stating their current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, with copies of academic and professional credentials and contacts of 3 referees to the email email@example.com not later than 30TH September 2017. The email subject should be clearly marked: “Application for Administrative and Logistics Assistant”
Qualified Women, Youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.